Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Eminent Domain, We want a mall... get out!

With the recent ruling allowing the seizure of your private property for basically any reason whatsoever, it is time to start to stand up. Here is a quick article to bring you up to speed: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/editorial/sfl-editeminent,0,3381996.story?coll=sfla-news-editorial

The saddest part are some of the hidden catches (when aren't there any?). People who are forced out of their homes for a shopping mall or condo already are losing out, but now it gets even worse. The payment for the property is not set by any market guidlines, so in certain situations the amount paid could be less than what is owed on the mortgage! It doesn't stop there though, the entire payment is then TAXED as a lump sum payment which is a very high tax percentage... so you get even less and the government pays itself! This is very sad and not what America is about in the least, however it is becoming more and more the reality every day.

I heard from a man who has his art gallery in his home in a small town here in Pennsylvania. He had spent his entire life savings to buy a beautiful large victorian home on main street and turn it into his gallery as well as his home. Since this ruling there are already plans to claim his home and surrounding businesses and homes "blighted" and have a large hotel built. This area is a fully restored victorian mainstreet, hardly blighted, and has almost no use for a hotel in the middle of it. He loses out twice in the matter, losing his home and his business in one go... their response? He can live in one of the suites in lieu of being payed, how generous.

This has to stop, and people need to stand up to this before it gets even more out of hand.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this
board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot.
I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.


My web page http://classicalrolexwatchs.blinkweb.com

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative.
I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in
future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

my blog - gorgeousrolexwatch.yolasite.com

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different website and thought I might
as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page yet again.

Look at my page ヴィトン

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home